Saturday, February 14, 2009

BUMS

At 12:45 PM. today, I called the Des Moines Metro Police regarding a homeless person who was down on the ground at the levee west of the factory, apparently experiencing some sort of personal gravity storm. Upon seeing him, I decided that he didn't need a rescue unit, but, he did need picked up. I waited at the gate at Wabash and SW 17th street, and guided the police to the person when they came. When we approached the person, ( Male, 200 lbs., Caucasian, bearded, Grey shirt, blue jeans ) he tried to run away, but was unsuccessful. The police apprehended the young man, gave him silver bracelets, and he left with them. As you know this is an ongoing problem on our property. Almost weekly similar incidents happen. I have mixed feelings when I see a young man hauled off like that. I don't want to deal with them personally, but, then again I feel almost guilty adding to their existing problems. Another day, another bum.

Steven Forrester
Plant Engineer
Dico Inc.
Des Moines Ia.

1 comment:

Please leave your name with your comment. Thanks!