Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First post

Well, what an auspicious moment. My first blog entry. My daughter set this up, and I find the picture of myself before she was even thought of intriguing. I am now an old man comparatively. My thoughts are better organized than then, although I am probably not as much fun.I remember the day well. My wife to be and I and two college friends were at my log cabin for the weekend, and we walked up to a nearby cliff, which I called my "thinking place" While sitting there, Stan or my wife backed up to the edge of the cliff, and took this shot, standing on the edge of a very long way down. The shirt was embroidered by my wife, and one of my favorites. I had hair, and may have been holding a favorite toy in my hand. Hence the smile. As for the blog, I haven't decided on a "point" or topic yet. I would do politics, but am not as clever as some at this, and would not like to place 38th or some such in that rank. My views on literature would soon uncover me as a pretender, or at the most, having a very select read or topic. Engineering bores me these days, (it once was my passion) and self examination in a public arena, leaves me flat. I should be old enough to decide, but as of now have not. My computer time is limited, due to my wife's obsession with the machine. I could get another one, and may, but it seems sort of "uppity" to have more than one in the house. I will get back to you my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful!! I knew you could do it, and I look forward to reading much more from you! Love you, Dad!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name with your comment. Thanks!